06 October 2008
M FOR MiSSiSSiPPi - The Soundtrack
The soundtrack to the raw blues documentary M FOR MiSSiSSiPPi is currently only available as part of a package that includes the DVD of M FOR MiSSiSSiPPi (signed by the film makers) as well as bumper stickers for principals Broke and Hungry Records and Cat Head Delta Folk Art (free shipping folks!) for a mere forty bucks.
The soundtrack will be released seperately in a few weeks.
Jeff Konkel of Broke and Hungry tells me "All of the songs on the soundtrack, with the exception of the title track by Big George Brock, were recorded on location during the filming. A second volume of music from the film is slated for release next spring."
The tracklisting for the this first soundtrack runs as follows:
1. M for Mississippi – Big George Brock & The Houserockers
2. The Wolves Are Howling – Wesley Jefferson Blues Band
3. Ain’t It Alright – R.L. Boyce & Lightnin’ Malcolm
4. I’m A Bluesman – Terry “Harmonica” Bean
5. Slow Down, Slow Down – Jimmy “Duck” Holmes
6. Black Mattie’s Face – The Mississippi Marvel & Lightnin’ Malcolm
7. Hip Shakin’ Woman – T-Model Ford & Stud
8. Give It All To Me Baby – “Cadillac” John Nolden & Bill Abel
9. The Woman I Love – Pat Thomas
10. Bring It On Home – The Robert “Bilbo” Walker Band
11. Rosalee – L.C. Ulmer
Keep in mind that all these tracks are previously unreleased and not available anywhere else.I know that all y'all reading this are gonna want the whole DVD/CD package. This set certainly rivals the (now o.o.p.) soundtrack for the essential Deep Blues documentary and makes a hell of a fine bookend for that film.
Your pal Konkel was kind enough to provide me with a MP3 of The Woman I Love by Pat Thomas. Mr. Thomas is the son of the late great James "Son" Thomas and Broke and Hungry will be issuing Pat's debut album in the spring.
Pat Thomas- The Woman I Love MP3
Labels: M for Mississippi