03 June 2011

Photo of The Masters: R.L. BURNSiDE and JUNiOR KiMBROUGH

Here's a great shot from the archives of Ted Drozdowski. This photo was taken by Allen Dines at The House Of Blues in Cambridge, MA. during the first Fat Possum Juke Joint Caravan tour. Ted says:

"This is an amazing and historic photo, of course, and Allen, who shot it, was the house photographer at the original House of Blues in Cambridge. He does very good work. Thanks to the place's booking agent Teo Leyasmeyer, this was a magical period for the first House of Blues. I was sitting next to the photographer, basking in the experience. From time to time I'll be posting more photos like this from my collection. Thanks to my relationship with Teo and Susan McGuire and other friends from the early days of HoB (when the Blues in the name meant something) I found myself in that green room sitting and talking with Henry Gray, Phillip Walker, Otis Rush, Son Seals, Junior Wells, Little Milton, Ike Turner, Solomon Burke and the list goes on. I am thankful for all of those experiences and I miss Teo, who was taken away from us suddenly in 2006, very much."

1 comment:

Not available. said...

Rick: Awesome blog. You've got some amazing stuff here. You might want to check out my favorite radio station in the world... streaming the Blues on the web with lots of Blues shows, all produced locally. I gave the whole rundown yesterday on my blog. Keep up the great work!